Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Annie, a ParentsPlace.com member, submitted this recipe, which, she says, "Has also been known to induce labor."
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 15 ounces canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 large white onion (diced)
- 1⁄3 head garlic (minced)
- 5 ounces hot salsa
- 1 lb white shoepeg corn
- 2 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons pepper (about 2 tablespoons each)
- Brown sausage and ground beef in a frying pan. Drain.
- In a large stockpot, add tomatoes, salsa, celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms and seasonings (to taste).
- Add sausage and ground beef.
- Cook on medium heat for about two hours.
- Add corn about an hour before serving.
- Cook on medium heat for another hour.