Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the copy cat Top Secret Recipes 2 by Todd Wilbur. I read the other recipes and tried them and they do not compare to this recipe. One was missing a key ingredient for texture- milk and others did not have the spices in proportion. This one tastes like Chili's Restaurant. Use the Hormel chili as it is part of the flavor equation. Serve hot with chips. I used scoops corn and flour triangles.Enjoy! Chef DLH From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can hormel chili (no-bean chili, not Chunky)
- 1 cup milk (I used whole)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes.
- Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until cheese melts then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with hot tortilla chips for dipping.
WOW !!!!!What a hit ....I made this for New Years Eve along with a Chocolate Truffle Cake #373616 and it was a great pairing!!!!! The Queso heated us up and the Cake cooled us off....Or maybe it was the Margaritas that did that....Anyway this is as close as I have ever tasted to the real Chili's Queso and it is a real keeper.....The spices may needed a little tweaking but not enough to really worry about,we all love it,and I will be serving it again real soon..Thanx for posting,Regina
This dip was wonderful! Like many of the other reviews said, it is not exactly like Chili's version, but it is darn close. I think it may have to do with the Velveeta: next time I might sub in some sharp cheddar to give it more kick. Other than that it was great. I followed the recipe exactly and it was devoured by my family! Thanks for this great recipe!
Absolutely tastes like Chili's Queso. We don't have Chili's up here, so this was a great way to get my fix. The kids loved this too. This is fun for a lunch or a side on taco night. Thanks