Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chili burgers without the chili mess. Enough said!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients together well.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill like hamburgers over medium to hot coals (or in skillet on stovetop) to your desired doneness usually about 8-10 minutes turning once.
- Serve hot on buns with extra chili sauce, cheese and onion as toppings.
This burger was really a 5 star for taste, wonderful flavour!! but I had a bad time trying to keep them together, and once on the hamburger bun they did fall apart. I will try them again because of the flavours but may add an egg to bind them. Thanks for posting we did enjoy them, messy but good!!!
Another great Burger! I cut this back to a 6 oz burger and followed Evelyn's advice I chopped the pepper & green onion in my mini chopper used Sambal Saten for the chili. I added mushrooms to the pan and served Oven Fries sprinkled wih dry Italian dressing mix & Adobo spice, and small salad - It was a great Saturday night burger - into my favorite burgers it goes- Thanks Laurie - I loved it!
Really tasty burger. Make sure you mince your green pepper and onion very fine, or they won't have a chance to cook through by the time the burgers are done. I added only a 1/2 teaspoon of chili along with the chili sauce, and that was plenty for us. Oh, and since I don't often make burgers but really want to enjoy them when I do, I fried up some bacon first to put on top and then pan-fried the burgers in the bacon drippings. Yummy!