Recipe by casamain
This recipe is like the chili crab recipe-this is my version. try this if you like a but of spice i call it chili prawns, its the same way they make chili crab in SE ASIA
- 15 large prawns, de-veined
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- In a mixing bowl add the oil and all of the above and mix well.
- Add the prawns and mix it into this and let it stand for 1 hour -.
- In an open wide skillet add 1 tablespoon of oil and pour the complete prawn with the marinade into it and keep stirring , prawns should not be cooked too long - if you find its too thick add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to get a thick creamy consistency-taste to check if the salt and sugar are adequate to your liking -.
- You can use the same for any other fish or crab-claws.