Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has all the components that I just love, so saving here for future use, from Super Food Ideas. In the preparation time I have allowed for peeling the prawns.
- 375 g spaghetti (dried pasta)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes (dried)
- 650 g prawns (raw medium about 20 peeled deveined, leave tail on if you like)
- 6 tomatoes (medium deseed and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (flat leaf leaves chopped)
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following the packet directions until tender and then drain but reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and add garlic and chili and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant and then add prawns and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
- Add tomato and cooking liquid and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper ad stir through the parsley and then serve.
Great dish with a nice bite from the chili flakes. I could probably use more of them! I used less tomato because it sounded like a lot but it turns out that I could have used the full amount. This was very much enjoyed over brown rice spaghetti. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)
Pat, I'd have been rapt if I got this at our local Italian restaurant. It was simple, and relied on using the best ingredients. Russ actually cooked so I'm rating it as a diner tonight. He added in a small onion and used a fresh chilli and chose to peel the tomatoes. It was excellent and we both really enjoyed it thank you.