Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use to season eggs, poultry, beef, and lamb
- 4 large dried mild chile peppers
- 2 medium dried hot chili peppers
- 4 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1⁄4 cup oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers.
- Cut peppers into small pieces.
- Place in a heavy skillet.
- Add cumin, cloves, coriander, and allspice. Over low heat, stirring constantly, cook until mixture begins to crackle and gives off the aroma of the peppers.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place pepper mixture in blender.
- Add oregano, garlic powder, salt, and sugar; blend to a fine powder.
- Spoon into a screw-top jar, or an airtight container.