Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
Posted in response to a request for chicken appetizers. Very easy to make. The chicken has quite a bite which is tempered by the sour cream-cilantro dip.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
I knew this would be hot and spicy. The poster said it in the intro and if you look at the ingredients you can tell by the amount of chili powder. I could just manage the heat and the sour cream was the right dip to go with this. The melted butter and the breadcrumbs result in a crunchy coating and leaving the chicken juicy. Next time I will use less chilipowder.
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cocktail size wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine crumbs and seasonings.
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Roll in crumb/seasoning mixture.
- Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and cilantro and serve as a dip for the chicken.