Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chili powder is a blend of seasonings, not just a spice on it's own. I like to make my own blends of things, such as chili powder blends, rubs, and anything else I find that I can do at home. Cooking is very personal, right down to the basics, and whenever possible, I try to come up with things that go in that category. This recipe makes 1/2 cup. It doubles, triples quite well.
- 3 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all of the above ingredients together. Store in an airtight jar.
- Use in any recipe that calls for chili powder. This keeps well.