Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Better Homes & Garden's 2004 Christmas Cookie Magazine
- 1 (9 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, cocoa powder, chipotle chili powder, egg and butter until moistened (dough will be soft).
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place milk in shallow dish and nuts in another shallow dish.
- Dip balls in milk, then in nuts to coat.
- Place 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 9 minutes or until tops are crackled.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
- To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.
- Store at room temp up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months.