Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted in the Wednesday Rocky Mountain News Spotlight Section
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper (new mexico or other mild chili or a couple of whole dried chilis)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- put all ingredients in a skillet over medium heat.
- toast, occasionally shaking pan until mixture is fragrant or 3 to 5 minutes.
- grind in a spice or coffee grinder until powdery.
- store in a tightly covered container.
Soooo good on beef. Hey, this made me contemplate...it's good to be at the top of the food chain!!