Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Pillsbury Classic Recipes, these are good as an appetizer or as a side dish.
Make and share this Chili Potato Dippers With Cheddar Jalapeno Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Cheddar Jalapeno Dip
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded (1/4 cup)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded, finely
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes into thin wedges. In large bowl, combine potatoes, oil, chili powder and garlic powder; toss to coat. Place on sprayed foil-lined pan.
- Bake at 450ºF for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine all dip ingredients except onions; mix well. Sprinkle with onions.
- Ingredient Substitution:.
- Purchase prepared salsa for a simple dip for these roasted potatoes or offer a choice of both salsa and Cheddar Jalapeno Dip.
- Make It Special:.
- For a colorful presentation, garnish the dip with extra tomatoes and chiles in addition to the green onions.
- Recipe Variation:.
- Try baked potatoes topped with Cheddar Jalapeno Dip for a spicy change from the usual sour cream garnish. Or serve the potatoes as a tasty side dish without the dip.
Well this didn't hang about long!!
I cooked my wedges in a foil tray on the gas barbecue, turning them over every now and then to crisp up on all sides...and they came out beautifully.
I skipped the tomato in the dip and popped in a little extra jalapeno, as we like it hot..but it certainly wasn't overly spicy..just a nice depth of heat.
A fabulous combination that was greatly enjoyed with a nice cold beer on the side...perfect for a sultry summer evening.
Made for PMR.
We really enjoyed this recipe. We didn't find either the potatoes or the dip overly spicy, so if you like things hot, I would up the spices in both. We did enjoy it the way it was though. I didn't have a tomato, so had to leave that out. Next time I hope to use the tomato as well. I also like the idea of using the dip in place of sour cream on a baked potato! Thanks for sharing!
This is a wonderful recipe. The dip is so good. I didn't want to waste it so ate it with a spoon LOL I used 1 jalapeno and DH didn't find it spicy enough. So next time I'll use 2 jalapeno. Thanks Lazyme :) Made for Potluck tag game