Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another delicious recipe from Pillsbury, this combines to favorites into one meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 cup chopped onion (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) canflaky layers refrigerated biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in bell pepper, mushrooms, chili powder, beans, pizza sauce and soup. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer. Spoon hot mixture into ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each in half crosswise; place, cut side down, around edge of hot mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and no longer doughy on bottom.