This recipe is from the Penzeys catalog. Chili 3000 and Chili 9000 are mixes of chili powders.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan. Brown the pork on all sides.
- 2Remove the pork to a plate.
- 3Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, cooking until brown, stirring often.
- 4Season the pork on all sides with chili mix and salt.
- 5Put pork back in pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- 6Pour 1/2 cup water into the pan, pouring between the pork instead of over them.
- 7Cover and cook on medium-low heat at a rapid simmer for 30-40 minutes or until pork is done. If water boils away, add more.
- 8Remove the pork from the pan and turn off the burner.
- 9Let the pan cool for about 5 minutes, then stir to remove the brown bits. Whisk in the sour cream.
- 10Slice the pork and serve with the sauce on the side. The sauce can also be good mixed in, 2 tbsp per 1/2 cup serving of rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Pork Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 159.0 mg
- Sodium 151.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 48.8 g