Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Penzeys catalog. Chili 3000 and Chili 9000 are mixes of chili powders.
Make and share this Chili Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan. Brown the pork on all sides.
- Remove the pork to a plate.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, cooking until brown, stirring often.
- Season the pork on all sides with chili mix and salt.
- Put pork back in pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the pan, pouring between the pork instead of over them.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat at a rapid simmer for 30-40 minutes or until pork is done. If water boils away, add more.
- Remove the pork from the pan and turn off the burner.
- Let the pan cool for about 5 minutes, then stir to remove the brown bits. Whisk in the sour cream.
- Slice the pork and serve with the sauce on the side. The sauce can also be good mixed in, 2 tbsp per 1/2 cup serving of rice.