Recipe by Scarlett516
This recipe is from the Penzeys catalog. Chili 3000 and Chili 9000 are mixes of chili powders.
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili, 3000 or 2 -3 tablespoons chili, 9000
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan. Brown the pork on all sides.
- Remove the pork to a plate.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, cooking until brown, stirring often.
- Season the pork on all sides with chili mix and salt.
- Put pork back in pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the pan, pouring between the pork instead of over them.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat at a rapid simmer for 30-40 minutes or until pork is done. If water boils away, add more.
- Remove the pork from the pan and turn off the burner.
- Let the pan cool for about 5 minutes, then stir to remove the brown bits. Whisk in the sour cream.
- Slice the pork and serve with the sauce on the side. The sauce can also be good mixed in, 2 tbsp per 1/2 cup serving of rice.