Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend recently made these and raved, so I thought I would share. They sound great, I can't wait to try them as well.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix beef, onion, rice, and salts.
- Shape into 16-20 meatballs.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown meatballs on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover and simmer 40-45 minutes.
These were very good Michelle S!! The sauce was very tasty, the cumin added a nice different taste than we're used to, made the whole recipe for supper last night, ate half of it and took the other half with us on a picnic today, they were just as good cold, the sauce was delicious cold, the spices had really come together!! Thanks for sharing.
A great quick n easy dinner...we served ours with creamy mashed spuds and veg. I skipped step 3, placing the unbrowned meatballs directly in simmering sauce mixture until cooked through. Reviewed for the camera-less chef game. :)
Everyone loved them, something different with ground beef!