Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty version of huevos rancheros and easily tweaked for heat.
Make and share this Chili Poached Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Combine and simmer all ingredients except eggs and tortillas in a frying pan. Cook until onions and peppers are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Warm tortillas and 4 plates, keep warm.
- Break an egg in small bowl, stir small circle in sauce and slip the egg in this spot. Repeat with remainder of eggs.
- Place egg on each tortilla and cover with sauce.
- Variations include cheese as a garnish, 1/2lb of cooked chorizo, or sliced avocado as a garnish.