1/9 Photos of Chili Plum Stir Fry Chicken
This is a combination of two recipes from taste.com.au that the DH and I combined to come up with something we both really like. The night we made it we had several dishes on the go and I was prepping for them as well so times are estimated to if you were only cooking this dish UPDATE - o'kay making this once again I have added other vegies tonight which were some julienned carrot, broccoli and cauliflower flowerettes and snow peas and served on top of some hokien noodles - just a variation. ANOTHER UPDATE - we tried this tonight Have now tried with beef, rump strips (possibly could be better to beat out and cut into strips though we think. depending on the quality of your rump) and added 3/4 teaspoons chinese five spice to step 2 but would suggest 1/2 teaspoon) but still thoroughly enjoyed and we are smacking our lips still 2 hours later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 kg chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cm piece ginger (peeled and finely grated)
- 4 spring onions (ct into 3cm lengths)
- 3 small chilies (2 finely sliced, 1 deseeded and finely sliced)
- 2 bunches choy sum (trimmed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry (or chinese wine)
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (torn)
- 150 g cashew nuts (unsalted and roasted)
- 1Heat a wok over high heat until hot and add 1 tablespoons oil and swirl to coat.
- 2Mix oyster sauce, plum sauce, dry sherry and chilli sauce to mix.
- 3Add a 1/4 of the chicken and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and transfer to a bowl.
- 4Repeat till all chicken is cooked, adding more oil as needed.
- 5Add 2 teaspoons oil to wok and swirl to coat and add the garlic, ginger, onions and chilli and stir fry for 30 seconds and add choy sum and stir fry for 1 minute or until bright green.
- 6Return the chicken to the wok and add the sauce mix and stir fry for a minute or until combined.
- 7Stir through cashews and basil.
- 8Serve with steamed rice or fried rice.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Plum Stir Fry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.6
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 611.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: