Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chili, salt and pineapple is just one of those weird food combinations that really works. The chef who introduced me to this idea, Lindsey Bareham, recommends serving this recipe with drinks before dinner. To really make the dish shine you need to have a chilli with a bit of kick in it, although it doesn't have be one of the really firey ones like a habanero or bird's eye.
- Core and peel the pineapple and cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Trim and split the chilli, scrape away the seeds and slice into small strips.
- Sprinkle the chilli and salt over the pineapple.
- Serve on a plate with toothpicks.
- Every bite should have a bit of chilli.