1/7 Photos of Chili Pie Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is a good dish to prepare for a cool evening. Some people add a small can of mushrooms, but I like it without. I never heard of mushrooms in a chili pie before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained (or black beans or pinto beans)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package Fritos corn chips
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Brown meat and onion in Canola oil.
- 4Add tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, and water.
- 5Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 6Place a layer of meat mixture in bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- 7Add a layer of beans, then a layer of Fritos and then a layer of cheese.
- 8Repeat layers, except do not add cheese.
- 9Leave last layer of cheese to top baked casserole.
- 10Bake casserole 35 minutes.
- 11Top with cheese& continue baking until cheese is melted& bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Pie Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.7
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 1635.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 50.2 g