Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
quick easy supper
Make and share this chili pie recipe from Food.com.
- in an ungreased pie plate place thin layer of crackers,chili,and cheese.
- repeat layers until all ingredients are used ending with cheese on top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- then slice as you would a pie.
This recipe gave me an idea, I like to experiment. I used individual aluminum bowls. I placed cooked rice followed with day old chili, cheese, cruched saltine crackers, chili and topped it off with more cheese. Baked at 350 degrees "F" for 30 minutes. Thanks for the idea
I thought it was a little dry. I opened up another can of chili, layered in about 1/2 cup of sour cream and topped with more cheese. It IS tasty and comes together better than simply crumbling your crackers into your bowl.