- 8 pheasants, breasts boned
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 8 strips
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten pheasant breasts then place 1 tb of green chilies and 1 strip of jack cheese on each, then roll to enclose the filling and secure the roll with a toothpick.
- Combine the bread crumbs,parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, pepper and ªts of cumin, mixing well.
- Dip the breast rolls in butter and then coat with crumb mixture, place in a baking dish and chill for 4 hours or more.
- Drizzle the remaining butter on the breast rolls and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 min.
- or until brown.
- Combine the tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook until heated through.
- Spoon over rolls and serve.