Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My brother made this for my kids one day when they were visiting him. It has become my DD favourite meal. The sausage adds enough spicy flavour to this pasta dish.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cut the chorizo into 3/4 in slices and cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Heat a large skillet.
- Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips, chiles and green onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in the pesto and cream and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan.
- Toss with the pasta and serve at once.
This is so good. I love the combo of the tomato and the cream. I didn't add the chorizo as my family doesn't like it, but I would love to try it with the sausage. A keeper.
Shaz, this is excellent. Love it! I found that the chorizo I used was very oily and fatty so I did drain off quite a bit before adding the rest of the ingredients, for us this didn't change the flavour. I used 2 teaspoons of chilli from a jar. The parmesan is a great addition. A definite keeper for us :)
Russ wanted curry, Mick wanted pasta, and I wanted chicken-this was a perfect compromise. It's super easy and super tasty. I used thigh fillets which we prefer, one chorizo sausage and light cream in an effort to reduce that fat content a bit. I used the 2 red chillies and that gave it the perfect amount of bite-Thanks Shaz.