Recipe by Ranikabani
This is an Indian dish which is served over rice and has a meat or veg dish to go with it. It is similar to the Indian dish , rasam.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, rounded
- 6 -8 red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 10 dashes black pepper
- salt, as needed
- 6 -8 cups water
- fresh coriander
- 1 -2 curry leaf
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced finely lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything (except the onion and the oil),crushing chilies with your hand.
- Put it on to boil.
- When it comes to a rolling boil, take it off the stove.
- In a seperate pan, heat the oil and fry the onion.
- Add to the pepper water.
- Let it boil a bit.
- Then let it rest on the stove till the spices settle to the bottom.
- Pour out into a servingin dish being careful not to let the settled spices pour out.