Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A quick bread to make some chilly night to accompany a soup or chili.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, well drained and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a pie plate 8- inch pie plate.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; toss with cheese and chilies,
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until flour is just moistened.
- The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.