3 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is almost a meal! So good, HOT, but good. This doubles and triples great. You might want to cut back on the chili peppers when doing so.You can control the heat. When you're ready to fire it up, get your ingredients ready! You can, of course, use the canned green chilies. It's great any way! If you ever get a mouthful of something too hot, don't drink water, it will just prolong the agony. Drink milk, cheese, cottage cheese, even sour cream. Ancho peppers are just dried poblano peppers. I like to mix my beans up, so I use a combination. Please be careful when children are present. Hot peppers are not made for little mouths. Times are approximate. If you're in a rush, you can certainly use canned beans. I always mix up my beans, so it's different every time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ancho chili peppers or 8 dried green chili peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon green hot pepper sauce (regular is ok)
- 2 cups pinto beans or 2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup roasted poblano chiles or 1/2 cup jalapenos or 1/2 cup anaheim chilies or 1/2 cup hot new mexico chili
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Put dried chili peppers into a mixing bowl with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Pour boiling water over peppers and let stand until softened, about 2 hours.
- 2Remove peppers from water. Reserve water.Remove stems, seeds, and membranes.
- 3Puree or grind soaked peppers, adding reserved water, vinegar, Tabasco sauce and 1 teaspoons salt.
- 4Combine beans, roasted chili peppers and onion in a mixing bowl; add pepper puree. Mix and refrigerate to blend flavors.
- 5To serve, stir in tomato and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Pepper Bean Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (1221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1429.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 16.3 g