Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Ricky Bayless recipe found in the June 2007 issue of Health Magazine. Serving size is about 3 tablespoons for 112 calories.
- 2 cups dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- Preheat oven to 250°F Position rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a bowl toss the peanuts with the lime juice until moistened. Sprinkle with the chili powder and toss until coated. Spread the peanuts in one layer on a flat baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a light crust if formed. Careful not to burn! Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Meanwhile place the pumpkinseeds in a large skillet over medium heat. When the first one pops, stir constantly until all the kernals have popped from flat to round.
- Combine the pumpkinseeds with the peanuts, raisins and chopped apricots.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.