This is a Ricky Bayless recipe found in the June 2007 issue of Health Magazine. Serving size is about 3 tablespoons for 112 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F Position rack in the middle of the oven.
- 2In a bowl toss the peanuts with the lime juice until moistened. Sprinkle with the chili powder and toss until coated. Spread the peanuts in one layer on a flat baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a light crust if formed. Careful not to burn! Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- 3Meanwhile place the pumpkinseeds in a large skillet over medium heat. When the first one pops, stir constantly until all the kernals have popped from flat to round.
- 4Combine the pumpkinseeds with the peanuts, raisins and chopped apricots.
- 5Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Peanuts and Pumpkin Seed Snack Mix
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g