Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great flavored peanuts with some zing. You can buy ancho chili powder in any Latin American market or in most bulk food stores These are best served shortly after you make them (within 12 hours).
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb roasted unsalted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic, fry until it is crisp& golden (apprx 15 min).
- Remove garlic, discard or nibble on it.
- Add peanuts to the skillet, use medium high heat, shake pan to move the peanuts around.
- Continue frying until the oil is absorbed and the nut aroma is strong (apprx 5 minutes) watch they don't burn, Remove from heat.
- Mix the chili powder, cayenne& salt in a plastic bag.
- Pour in the slightly cooled peanuts& shake until the nuts are evenly coated Serve.