Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of many recipes I have gotten out of a Grill Masters cook book. Some of them I have tried and some are still on my list to try. But all of them sound very yummy!
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 green chili pepper (or more)
- 5 garlic cloves (finely crushed)
- 3 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of each fruit zest and all the juices with other ingredients.
- Add more spices if desired.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes before using (it should thicken).
Reviewed for ZWT III. I loved this paste, it reminded me of harissa - very similar in taste. It was nice and simple to make and will hopefully keep well in the fridge ... not that it will hang around that long as DH is a chilli fiend!