Prep 5 mins
Cook 32 mins
This is a WONDERFUL dish! VERY tasty! makes LOTS & you can freeze the leftovers! It's easy & you most likely have everything you need right on hand! I got it off of the S&W Ready-cut Diced Tomatoes can.
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans&w ready-cut diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 1. cook pasta & drain.
- 2. cook meat and onion in a large skillet, drain ( I use the pot that I boiled the pasta in).
- 3. add chili powder, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa and chilies. cook 5 minutes.
- 4. toss pasta and sauce. spoon into 13 x 9 inch baking dish. top with cheese and bake @ 350 for 20 minutes.
I used meat substitute and this turned out great!