Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is absolutely delicious with great flavor and fast cooking!
Make and share this Chili Parmesan Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lb small boneless skinless chicken breast half (4)
- Mix cheese and chili powder in pie plate.
- Add chicken; turn to evenly coat all sides.
- Place chicken on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min, or until chicken is cooked through.
As I have started on a diet/exercise program, I have been searching for low fat protein sources for dinner. A plain, skinless grilled chicken breast gets boring after a while! Dry rubs are a good way to add flavor, but not fat. I made four basic rubs that I found in the index of a Martha Stewart Everyday Food publication, "Great Food Fast". The chili rub consists of 1T plus 1 t chili powder, 2 t. cumin, 2 t. brown sugar, 1 t. oregano and 1 t. coarse salt. I mixed 2 tsp. of this rub with the 2 TB. shredded, (not grated or shaved) parmesan cheese. The baked breasts turned out so juicy and flavorful and the shredded parmesan cheese retained an interesting texture. This will definitely be a "go to" recipe for me and my husband.