Tulsi Regmi's Note:
(Papad Seasoned with Chilies and Spices)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 sheets pappadams
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 10 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seed
- 5 tablespoons mustard oil, for seasoning
- 1 cup oil (for deep frying)
- 1In a bowl, combine all ingredients for topping, including curry powder, garlic, ginger, chilies, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, toasted cumin seeds, salt and musturd oil; toss well.
- 2On a deep frying pan, heat oil.
- 3Deep fry papad sheets, one at a time, until crispy.
- 4Do not over fry papads as they turn bitter in taste.
- 5Place fried papads on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- 6Allow cooling for two minutes.
- 7Sprinkler three tablespoons of seasoned toppings on the fried papad.
- 8Serve immedieately.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Papad
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1454.2
- Calories from Fat 1318
- Total Fat 146.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: