Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very versatile, use it with chicken, beef, lamb...
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large glass bowl. Add your choice of meat ( 1 lb of boneless or 2 lbs bone-in). Mix to combine, cover and and refrigerate for 4 hours (if using this marinade for fish or seafood only marinate for 30 minutes). Makes about 1/3 cup.
Very quick and easy to prepare marinade. I used it to flavour some pieces of chicken breast, I added 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, then sauteed the marinated chicken in a bit of oil. Served with rice and mixed vegetables. I really enjoyed the orange flavour!
Made this for a friend of mine who was looking for a good marinade for chicken breasts! I managed a taste of it & it IS OUTSTANDING! I enjoyed (& so did she) the unusual taste of citrus with the tomato & the heat of chile powder! This will go on my list of special gifts for this next winter! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of the chefs I adopted during this Spring's PAC]