Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cookwise by Shirley O. Corriher who says her daughter ate this at a Buddhist breakfast. She suggests serving it over steamed broccoli and other vegetables. She also says do NOT use strong olive oil that its flavor will interfere. Am guessing at servings.
- 1 medium jalapeno
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil or 1⁄3 cup corn oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- From jalapeno discard half of the seeds and veins, then mince.
- Heat the jalapeno, shallot, and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for several minutes.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes for flavors to meld.
- While the oil is still warm, stir in water, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the flavored oil over the vegetable of choice and toss gently.
A great way to dress up veggies! I used sunflower oil and drizzled the oil over broccoli. Mr Grumpy says he does not like broccoli, but found it to be ok when spiced up this way. Thanks for posting.