From Cookwise by Shirley O. Corriher who says her daughter ate this at a Buddhist breakfast. She suggests serving it over steamed broccoli and other vegetables. She also says do NOT use strong olive oil that its flavor will interfere. Am guessing at servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1From jalapeno discard half of the seeds and veins, then mince.
- 2Heat the jalapeno, shallot, and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat for several minutes.
- 3Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes for flavors to meld.
- 4While the oil is still warm, stir in water, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 5Spoon the flavored oil over the vegetable of choice and toss gently.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Oil
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.7
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g