Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a a very tasty chili, especially if you like a good tomato taste. It was printed in our local newspaper. I took it to a chili cook-off and got great reviews.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (1 ounce) packagewilliams chili seasoning mix
- 2 (11 1/4 ounce) canscampbell fiesta chili
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cansmild chili beans, in sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, brown beef and sausage; drain well.
- Add all remaining ingredients except water.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 3 hours.
- If too much liquid evaporates, add 1 cup water.
- If using a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 3 to 5 hours.