Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
This is a basic chili recipe, no frills nothing special. I've learned that this is fantastic to keep in the freezer... Chili, chili burgers, chili hot dogs... possibilites are endless. I love this for a quick chili burger, I fry up a burger patty on the foreman grill, put it on half a hamburger bun, put chili on it, onions on it and shredded cheddar cheese on it. UBER yummy and takes about 8 minutes to make.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, cut up
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 -5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large saucepan cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil, and pepper.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Crockery-cooker directions: Cook meat, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic as above. Drain fat. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker combine meat mixture, undrained tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil and pepper. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.