Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These nuts are hard to keep on hand, they keep disapearing!!!! (Better homes and gardens)
Make and share this Chili Nuts Santa Fe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups peanuts or 3 cups mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine egg white, orange juice concentrate, sugar, chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper,cayenne, celery salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in nuts, toss to coat.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan with foil, spray with veggie spray.
- Spread nuts on foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring twice, Cool, break apart large clusters.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
These are so delicious and very addictive. I used a combination of peanuts and cashews. I spices blended well together and gave the nuts a very spicy, zesty flavor. I liked the slight orange flavor as well. Perfect fall time treat. Thanks Dorothy. Another top-notch recipe.
Hi Dorothy, I discovered this site only a few days ago and its fantastic, I made your sante fe nuts today and they are superb. Im going to make them for a chrissie snack this year. Very yummy.