Prep 6 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from the Southern Living Cookbook. I made these a long time ago...long before I had a digital camera! So I have no pictures this time! Sorry! But hey...Go ahead...spice up your life a little! There is a little bite here but not bad! You can add more ground red pepper if you want it hotter.
- 1 lb raw peanuts, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil (use a quality brand)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place peanuts in a shallow roasting pan or use a cookie sheet.
- Pour oil over the nuts, stirring well.
- Roast peanuts art 350 degrees for 35 minuted or until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine chili powder and remaining 3 ingredients.
- Sprinkle over peanuts and stir until coated.