Recipe by ccferne
This may have come from Woman's Day, but it's been with me at least 15 years so I'm not sure. The original called for 3/4 lb unsalted cashews. I make it with 1 lb RAW unsalted cashews.
- 1 egg white
- 1 lb raw cashews (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat egg white in medium-size bowl. Add cashews; toss to coat.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over nuts. Toss to coat. Spread on a greased cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Stir 2 or 3 times to turn and separate nuts.
- Cool completely. Store up to 1 week in airtight container.