Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
Another yummy grown-up mac'n'cheese variation. Fairly mild tasting, which makes it a great side-dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces noodles (medium or broad)
- 2 1/2 quarts boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine, cut up
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- paprika, sprinkle
- 1In a large uncovered saucepan, cook noodles in boiling water, oil and salt until tender but firm, about 5-7 minutes. Drain and return noodles to pot.
- 2Add chili powder, first amount of margarine and cheese. Stir until margarine melts.
- 3Pour into greased 1 quart casserole dish.
- 4Melt remaining margarine in small saucepan. Mix in flour and second amount of salt.
- 5Stir in milk until sauce boils and thickens. (Sauce will be fairly thin) Pour over noodles.
- 6Sprinkle with paprika and bake uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes.
- 7*Note: Served as is, noodles will have a light coloured topping; when stirred, dish will become darker.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.2
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 2297.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 26.8 g