Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are delicious and so easy to make. If you make Mimi's Chili (it freezes well in small containers), you will have it to make these any time or use another chili recipe. There is really no specified amount that you can make. Just use the three ingredients and as much as you want of all of them and enjoy.
- On a platter, arrange sort of a single layer of tortilla chips.
- With a spoon, drop pieces of chili all over the tortillas (I try to get some on each chip).
- Sprinkle with some of the cheese.
- Then put another layer of chips, chili, and cheese until all are used.
- Put in the microwave for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and make everything hot.
- Put the platter on the table and let everyone dig inches.
I have been making chili nachos for years and love them. I think the trick for not getting soggy nachos is to make sure that when you spoon the chili onto the chips that you are only scooping out the meat/bean mixture and no liquid. I had not thought to use Monterey Jack, and decided to use a blend of MJ and cheddar. Served on Tostitos Baked Scoops with sour cream and salsa on the side so people could use the amount they wanted.
These were OK for us. I was cleaning out my fridge and had leftover chili so made this as an appetizer. I followed the recipe exactly as written but the chips came out really soggy. We ended up pushing the chili off and getting other chips and eating the chili like that. Next time I would just heat up the chili and cheese and scoop it out with the chips.