Recipe by Michael Boyd
My Dad made this for us when we were 'batching it'. I mix up the kind of weenies; I use hot links, Polish sausage, etc.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb hot dogs or 1 lb sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped jalapenos or 1 cup anaheim chili, whatever heat level you can take
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to medium-high, add weenies, onions and peppers. Cook, stirring often till onions are limp.
- Adjust heat to low, add tomato sauce and beer and simmer for about fifteen minutes or the sauce noticeably thickens.
- Crack eggs on top of the mixture, cover for about 5-6 minutes. Test by touching yolk of egg, it should not be "wiggly".
- Serve with hash browns.