Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in a grocery store flyer. I found it very easy to make and very tasty.
Make and share this Chili 'n Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 737.08 g jar marinara sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 396.89 g can red kidney beans
- 396.89 g can black beans
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4 bread boules (purchased)
- hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- salt & pepper
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Pour Olive Oil in large saucepan, brown Ground Beef over med heat.
- Add Onion and Garlic, Cook until onion is soft (~5min).
- Add Marinara Sauce and Water.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer and add Beans. Add salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder and simmer until mixture thickens.
- Bring to a boil then transfer mixture to a Crock Pot. Add Beans, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add hot sauce if desired.
- Serve in a bread bowl.
- Top with grated Cheddar Cheese.