Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a Swedish food magazine a while ago and have tweaked it a bit to my own preferences. The original recipe calls for cream but I have used coconut milk as well as soy milk with good results. It is very nice over chicken, veggie burgers or just with vegetables and rice.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon potato flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- Fry the onion and mushrooms in the oil a couple of minutes.
- Add curry powder and fry gently until softened.
- Add potato flour, stir.
- Add water, cream (or soy milk or coconut milk) and sweet chili sauce.
- Stir and cook 5-7 minutes on low heat.
Easy to make! I tried it over fresh noodles and they didn't soak it up much - better to have straight like a curry as mikekey did.
YUM! I could have eaten a bowl of this as a meal! I used the coconut milk option. Very nice flavors. For the curry powder, I used UmmBinat's Iraqi Curry Powder.