Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Touted as a quick, easy kid’s lunch.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ¼ cup salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper; mix well without overworking the meat.
- Divide evenly into 8 muffin cups; press meat mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- In another bowl, combine beans and remaining salsa; spoon into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until the beans are hot and the cheese is melted.
- Remove carefully from muffin cup and serve warm.