1/2 Photos of Chili - Modified Wendy's Style
3 hrs 20 mins
This is my version of a 'Wendy's' style chili. As usual, I put in LOTS of garlic but this is optional. Top this with some shredded cheddar cheese, serve with garlic bread and you've got a hit! Always tastes better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 29 ounces tomato sauce, 1 can (I use spaghetti sauce)
- 29 ounces kidney beans, 1 can (with liquid)
- 29 ounces pinto beans, 1 can (with liquid)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 5 -10 garlic cloves (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup mushroom pieces (1 can drained)
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 3/4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- 1Brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
- 2Crumble the cooked beef with a fork into pea sized pieces.
- 3In a large pot, combine all ingredients.
- 4Simmer over low heat 2-3 hours stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili - Modified Wendy's Style
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 1230.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 30.6 g