This is my version of a 'Wendy's' style chili. As usual, I put in LOTS of garlic but this is optional. Top this with some shredded cheddar cheese, serve with garlic bread and you've got a hit! Always tastes better the next day.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 29 ounces tomato sauce, 1 can (I use spaghetti sauce)
- 29 ounces kidney beans, 1 can (with liquid)
- 29 ounces pinto beans, 1 can (with liquid)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 5 -10 garlic cloves (cut into large chunks)
- 1 cup mushroom pieces (1 can drained)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 3⁄4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- Brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
- Crumble the cooked beef with a fork into pea sized pieces.
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat 2-3 hours stirring frequently.
Use Great Northern Beans, don't like Kidney PP. Otherwise followed recipe, excellent chili. Thanks for posting.