Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup saltine crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (with red and green peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2-1 cup taco blend cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine meatloaf ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly; gently press into bottom of 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is no longer pink.
- Carefully pour off drippings.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients except cheese.
- Spread over meatloaf to edges of pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Cut into 6 rectangular servings.
Easy enough to make on a weeknight if you have leftover mashed potatoes. I cooked the ground beef portion approx. 30-35 minutes. Very good and filling.
This was very good! I used 1 lb of beef,and no green onions based on what I had on hand. This was a wonderful meatloaf. Thanks!