Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
My husband loves meatloaf sandwiches for his lunch, I am always on the quest for the BEST. This one is just plain amazing. It will take any meatloaf hater to a whole new life!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup of crushed nacho-cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jarpaul newman medium chunky salsa
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4oz or to taste)
- Coat " baking pan with cooking spray, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, corn, chips and taco seasoning. In a small bowl, beat eggs and 1/2 cup salsa; stir into the beef/pork mixture. Shape meat into a loaf in a 9"x5"x3" baking pan. Place on center oven rack. Bake 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 160 degrees F.
- 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Stir 3 Tbs cilantro into ~1/2 cup of remaining salsa and spread over the meatloaf. (drain off fat first). Top with grated cheese and bake until cheese melts, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, green chilies, whatever you want on the side.