Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another quick, simple, recipe from southernfoods.about.com. It goes together really fast because you use frozen meatballs and just open several cans. Kids like it alot.ZWT region Mid-West (corn).
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans, drained
- 8 ounces corn
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 24 frozen meatballs
- cheddar cheese, grated
- corn chips
- In a saucepan, combine onion, pepper, tomatoes, kidney beans, undrained corn, tomato sauce, salt, chili powder and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Add meatballs, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve in individual bowls, topped with cheese and corn chips on the side.
Like a mild chili with meatballs as the meat. I used my homemade frozen meatballs for this. A little too mild flavored for my tastes, it could have used double the amount of chili powder.