Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pep up your mashed potatoes with chili powder and cheese!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup milk (approximate)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes (electric mixer or potato masher or however you prefer).
- Mix in sour cream, green onions, chili powder, turmeric, and garlic powder.
- Gradually mix in milk until potatoes reach desired consistency.
- (Do not overbeat.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Nice combination of flavors. I added some butter to mine for even more decadence.
Oh my gosh !!! I love these potatoes. I added a bit of cumin only cause I love the taste of it. Wonderful recipe!!! Served this with oven bbq'd chicken great combo.