Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry – My recipe is deliciously sweet, spicy, tangy and perfect for weeknight meals. Chicken and waffles taken in a modern direction, thanks to Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, you’ll love it!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cooked, shredded
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a bowl combine the potatoes and hot chili oil.
- Cook potato waffles in batches in waffle iron by spreading a layer of Shredded Hash Brown mixture across hot iron and closing lid until browned. Remove each waffle to a holding platter.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat add the vinegar and syrup and simmer until it coats the back of a spoon. Add the chicken to the skillet and toss to coat completely.
- Serve each waffle with a helping of chicken on top.